CURIO™ Legacy Ventures, a nuclear technology and innovation company, is seeking to fill the —————- position. The ideal candidate would be part of a team responsible for and tasked with design and development of novel process equipment. As a team member, applicant will work in a fast paced, high octane environment that accelerates operational efficiency.
Candidates are applying for a position that has export control regulations and would require them to be a US citizen or LPR or a citizen of any qualifying nation under 10 CFR Appendix A to Part 810.
For full list of authorized destinations please see here.
- A successful candidate(s) will be expected to know the uranium nuclear fuel cycle
- D in Chemical Engineering and 2+ years of experience in actinide chemistry, radiochemistry, or chemical processing-related research including pilot-scale R&D, MS degree with 5+ years, or BS with 10+ years of similar experience
- A strong grasp of the fundamentals of chemical process unit operations with an emphasis on separations and chemical reaction science
- An understanding of fundamental chemical thermodynamics and kinetics as they apply to chemical separations
- Familiarity with multi-physics simulations, and fluidized bed particle kinetics.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills to enable effective interaction and communication with technical peers, stakeholders, and vendors
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and participate creatively in collaborative environments.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced research environment, set priorities to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines, and adapt to ever-changing needs
- Track record in successful proposal writing for grants, leading and working with stakeholders on delivering on projects from inception, through proposal development to delivery of the results.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy
- Execute complex assignments requiring the use of advanced engineering techniques
- Develop and evaluate plans for major projects
- Utilize front-end loading process and best practices to facilitate cost-effective process engineering and project development
- Lead development of process design calculations and develop deliverables such as hydraulic calculations, equipment sizing, computational particle flow dynamics (CPFD) simulations, Heat and Material Balances (H&MB), and Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs).
- Lead chemical engineering design activities on projects from the conceptual phase through design completion
- May assess feasibility or soundness of proposed applications when data is insufficient, or testing is advisable
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Perform work that involves conventional engineering practices but may involve a variety of complex features
- Coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments
- Provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to less experienced staff members
- Regularly meet and corresponds with stakeholders or outside personnel
- This is an in-person position